[Spacecadets] Annex

Aaron Birenboim aaron at birenboim.com
Thu Jan 26 08:30:01 PST 2017

On 01/25/2017 04:43 PM, Zoot - Craig Goldsmith via Spacecadets wrote:

> So... consider these my /suggestions/:

I think that step 1 might be to decide what areas to reserve
for "stuff" storage.
Then we can prioritize getting rid of stuff.
Put the most desirable stuff in the designated stuff zone(s).
If it is not in the stuff zone(s) it goes.  period.

Proposed timeline:

    * 2 weeks to decide how much space, and location of space
         for stuff storage.
    * 3 weeks to set up shelving and put desired stuff in
         designated stuff zone(s).
    * 3 more weeks to try and sell valuable items not in
        stuff zone(s) on eBay, Craigslist.
    * Garage sale for ALL items not in zone(s), one day.
         +  All items still there after 3PM, FREE to PUBLIC
         +  All items still left, free to members for 1 week
     * Items still left 1 week after garage sale hauled to
           dump and/or recyclers immediately.

This aggressive, but reasonable timeline should have Annex
space freed up by early to mid April.

I'd like to see space opened up by May at the latest,
when people may want to do summer projects or reserve
personal space after the expected Spring/Summer
membership surge.

This gives us about 2 weeks for slippage in the above timeline.
There is little time to waste.
I think that past experience shows that a 2 week schedule slip on
a 2 month effort is optimistic for this organization.

aaron