[Spacecadets] Lasercutting Room

Aaron Birenboim aaron at birenboim.com
Thu Jan 26 07:42:29 PST 2017

On 01/25/2017 04:40 PM, Zoot - Craig Goldsmith via Spacecadets wrote:
> Given approval to dedicate lasercutting room to lasercutting, we did
> not decide on where removed items should go, specifically:
>
> - paint within the black metal cabinet (must these be stored in some
> sort of suitable fireproof-ish location?)
>
> - the black metal cabinet itself
Does not need climate control, but should not freeze.
Suggest upper level.  If paint is not for member use,
put it on W. Mezzanine?

> - the lockers
Annex or MASTS

> Suggestions? I want to send notice out to members/officers by early
> next week giving everyone lead time to claim their stuff before
> actually getting some muscle into moving stuff around.
>
> Gonner has also asked me to try to go through the 87 tons of donated
> plastic in the 3 monstrous boxes in the annex and pull what's suitable
> for cutting and dispose of the rest. Huge amount of stock there, so
> again, having decent storage for same in the lasercutting room will be
> timely.
I think we should keep most of that stock in annex.  It is quite valuable.
I don't want to throw out 90% of it.  70% sure...
Dedicate ONE shelf, for acrylic scrap, and stack it high with the best bits.
I have been using it for little things.
I'd like to offer less desirable bits to members and/or schools before
throwing it out.
I'd take some.
Schools (libraries?) with maker spaces and laser cutters may want some.

I will volunteer to help build a shelf.
I think we have enough wood scrap.
Might need to buy 4 or so full-length 2x4s at worst.
I think that something with a lot of little
mostly vertical compartments would be good.

aaron