[MachineShop] New Safety Check for South Bend Lathe

Denis Muradov denis.muradov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 15:28:12 PDT 2024

Today while, Mr Ford was working on the backlash problem, I decided to take
the chuck off. It turned out that the camlock position screws were in the
open position, except maybe for one which was halfway. This could have
caused the chuck to come off during operation. This might explain the
parallelism issue some users ran in to during training.

>From now on, whenever using the lathe, double check that the camlock screws
are in the locked position. Take a look at the picture for the correct
orientation. More permanent labeling will need to be done in the future.

I will update the training documentation with this step in the future.

Thanks