[QUELAB CNC] Where's the X-Carve?

John Benedetto john.benedetto at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:40:21 PDT 2016

Geoff,

Glad to find out it's somewhere definite, and not 'missing' (perhaps
'misplaced' might be a better term). I missed any discussion of you taking
it home!   How is enclosure construction going?  Have you set a done-by
date to have it completed & back to Quelab (similar to what was done with
Morgan, with the time limit he was asked to follow to get the X-Carve
upgrade kit installed)?  How soon until we can start cutting stuff?  Do you
think we will be able to have it in the Quelab tent at MMF?

@Dr Opto - Geoff doesn't say anything about a vacuum or dust collection. He
says "to keep sawdust out of it", which I took to mean that other tools in
the shop generate sawdust which was covering the tools on the CNC Table.
However, that is a good idea, to install dust collection of some type,
since it will be quite the sawdust generator once we starting cutting
things on it!

JT