[QUELAB CNC] Where's the X-Carve?

Geoff Nicholson Demonsthenes at meme-complex.com
Mon Jul 18 15:11:25 PDT 2016

Sundays are just about the worst days for catching up with me, so I
apologise that I was not at the lab to coordinate with you on the
Shapeoko.  Were the bits you bought left with the device, or do you still
have them?

I found that the tool had been stowed with an endmill wedged in the collet,
so that might be why people were having issues with it previously.  I'll
tap out the wedged endmill and see if the collet is damaged or not.

The enclosure I have in mind could easily be set up with a vaccuum port to
enhance it's own dust-collection capabilities, I was thinking something
much like the doors on Printernator where you can see in, but close the
door to keep the noise and dust in the machine.

I expect to return the Shapeoko to the space the end of August at the
latest; the intent was to rehab it and have it making giveaway items at
MakerFaire with it's enclosure.

-- geoff
-- quelab.net