[Spacecadets] Request for board meeting minutes

drew at hardcorp.io drew at hardcorp.io
Tue Mar 7 13:07:10 PST 2017

On 2017-03-07 19:42, John Benedetto wrote:
> You claim things that I never said (well, actually, that no one has
> ever said).  There are no 'secret rules'.  It's just another case of
> growing pains of the organization, another case where a verbal policy
> doesn't work any more, and should be written down & properly codified.

I don't understand what you mean by verbal policy. Do you mean a policy
made last spring (or years ago) but never communicated to Quelab members
until it was verbally mentioned this year, or do you mean that
individual board members said there should be a policy but the board
never actually decided to make one?

In the latter case, there's no preexistent rule (secret or otherwise).
The board can make one now, but stop claiming that there already is one.

In the former case, the rule certainly was effectively secret, even if
the board meeting at which it was made was not. You can't require Quelab
members to attend board meetings just to find out the rules that they're
required to obey. But if the board meeting at which the rule was made
forbidding use of the east attic really was not secret, then I request
the minutes of that meeting.