[Spacecadets] Using the east attic

drew at hardcorp.io drew at hardcorp.io
Sun Feb 26 21:52:28 PST 2017

Adric,

Thank you for pointing out at tonight's meeting that our map labels the
east attic as storage. But Quelab has no written rule saying that
storage means use is forbidden, and nobody ever told me such a rule
orally until this year, long after the board delegated space usage to
space cadets. The argument that there's always been such a rule isn't
credible. Either get space cadets to approve a new rule, or have the
board revoke space cadet's authority on the issue and have the board
approve a new rule.

We've gone years with no problem with people using the east attic.
Alfred, Craig, Raphael, and Sherie used it with no problem. But I ask
the board to justify kicking Chris Zapotocky's stuff out of the west
attic, and two weeks later, the board/president (dunno who really, what
with Quelab's opacity of governance), knowing that I'm the only one
frequently using the east attic now, decides to begin the process of
kicking me out. Saying the timing is a coincidence is not a credible
explanation. You're targeting me just as surely as you were targeting
Chris.

If your honest reason for kicking people out of the east attic was just
anally retentive exact compliance with a lease provision that our
liberally-permissive landlord certainly doesn't care about, and with
some nanny-state regulation that no government agent will ever bother us
about unless taunted, then you would have kicked everybody out years
ago. You certainly wouldn't have a two-term board member (Craig) and an
officer (Sherie) each with worktables up there.

I've never done anything to anybody at Quelab, except to fight back when
people screw with me or my stuff, to scold people for associating with
blackmailers, and to scold people for making asinine arguments against
me for the preceding two things. And right now, you're screwing with me.
I'm bothering nobody in the attic, and I've already offered to pay rent
for the table space I'm using.

Instead of trying to invent a way to harass me, why don't you and the
rest of the board spend your time on something actually useful, such as
getting our new treasurer access to our bank account? You've known now
for five months that you need to do it, and you're two months late doing
it.

P.S. Freedom-loving people normally have enough common sense to ignore
nanny-state regulations whenever possible. I'll be happy to sign a
waiver saying I won't sue Quelab if I burn to death because I'm trapped
in the attic while the building burns down.