[Spacecadets] SPACECADETS - Space Allocation Plan proposal

John Benedetto john.benedetto at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 08:57:48 PST 2017

Bandit & I were talking, and when I suggested movement on how to use
the east attic for storage, he reminded me he only got one proposal!
Without using the words "put up or shut up", he suggested I write down
my proposal & email it to him.  I figured I would send it to the
SpaceCadets as well.

Bandit,

Here are my thoughts on utilizing the east attic space.  The policy
listed can apply to any area, though.

- the storage area MUST be managed by an officer
- Free storage for members for things that don't fit into the "tote"
model.  This would include dimensional lumber, sheet goods, acrylic.
- each member is allowed a set amount for free.  It would need to be
big enough for sheet goods or dimensional lumber - 1 or 2 foot by 8
foot perhaps?  This may involve a money expenditure to build some sort
of rack or dividers.  I have an idea for a rack that would be built on
the far (south) wall in the east attic, to provide 1 or 2 foot wide
spaces tall enough for sheet goods (4'X8') & lumber
- larger amounts available for short periods of time for free (30 - 90
days by arrangement with the storage area captain)
- as long as there is room, storage for small active projects could
also be allowed in the east attic.  Perhaps some tables on the other
end of the room, and some shelving as well.
- all items must be tagged as per existing policy with green tags,
renewed monthly, and STRICTLY monitored by the storage area captain
- larger amounts for a longer period of time available for a fee,
currently whatever is the board approved per square foot price is,
though this can be negotiated on a case by case basis.  This could
also open the door for a renegotiation of the per square foot price of
storage within different areas of the building, though the proposal
would probably be easier to get approved without tacking on such a
requested change.

John "JT" Benedetto