[Spacecadets] Rearranging at Quelab

Charel Morris charelm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 17:35:57 PST 2016

I was one of those last night startled by the photo and massive shift. my
first response was we don't have a signed lease. Then realized that if by
some way the agent found out - probably not a big problem.

Today I spent several hours in the annex with the orientation. And my take
after looking at everything is it hopefully will make the major task of
figuring out what might stay from what should be sold - where there is
value and how to get that value. And I was happy thinking that Darren and
team will have a less daunting job in front of them now.

And I can't quote the process on donations but before a member decides they
want to use X item - they should and need to speak with Darren. If it is
something that has value for sale - members can buy it for less than what
we would be looking to sell it for. But this is Darren world and more than
once some item that most of the members thought should go out with the
trash had a really nice and surprising value and Darren managed it and
brought in cash for Quelab.

So if you see something that interests you maybe put a note on it. It
wouldn't be a parking ticket as it isn't actually your yet and I think that
could confuse things. But let him know you are interested.

Then everything gets sorted and you will find out if that item is now yours
or if there is some price for it. Or if it is something that Quelab needs
and it will be of value to the entire community.

The donation area went through a 'perfect storm' in the last 3+ months and
I don't think anyone is to blame. We have been needing more space for a
while. We all tend to leave stuff around. And we all have our personal
lives and families to consider. And who knew an entire camera store would
basically (as the 'Proverbial' last straw) would give us all their
equipment and resources and it all had to be moved out before end of Feb.
Life happens and Quelab continues to proverbial grow and be an awesome
place filled with awesome people.

See you all at the Potluck and meeting tomorrow.

Thanks for being awesome!

--
Namaste'
Charel Morris

*New Mexico New Makers, LLC is a 501(c)3*
*Albuquerque Mini Maker Faire *

*August 29 & 30, 2015*
*Stone Circle Productions*

*Event Planner*DEF CON 23 - 2015