[Spacecadets] Minutes/Business From Spacecadets Meeting on 06052016

Christopher A W Zapotocky czapo at unm.edu
Thu Jun 9 02:35:47 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

A few orders of business before I forget.

We need to add the area captains to the Spacecadets mailing list.

A couple topics that need discussing for the next meeting that have not been addressed yet (from the board of directors reply at the end of April)

-A proposal for how much storage space should be made available for free with a membership to Quelab

-A proposal for what type of space members could rent, purely for storage, in addition to the space included in their membership.

Darren Moody has been listed as an permanent voting member as I think it is reasonable that he being a large maintainer of space should be included. The board still has to officially approved him as a permanent voting member of the Spacecadets Committee.

An Excel spreadsheet is attached with the status of each member as per their wishes (or my guess of their wishes if you were not at the last meeting). If you do not like your status and are an area captain...talk to the board. There are some options (you can send a proxy to the meetings). If you do not like your status and you are listed as a non-voting member, then not all hope is lost. Please notify the Spacecadets mailing list and we can have you moved to the voting candidate list.

The Spacecadets are limited to 3 at-large voting members. Per Adric's memory, a game of chance will be used to decide the three if there are more than 3 candidates (note we have 4 officially right now). I would recommend picking out of a hat with numbered slips of paper. The reason for that method of picking is that I had imagined this being a rotating pool of voting members (like the Federal Reserve) serving one year terms. If you pick numbers then you will have an order for succession. Any future members who wish to be voting will be tacked on to the end of the order of succession.

Of course there are other ways to select 3 at-large members. If someone has another idea they can propose it to the mailing list.

The minutes are also attached to this email. They need approving and editing. Assume them to be a rough draft till they are approved.

Eric wanted me to mention the door that enters the metal ship from the Annex. It sits in front of a machine that if on...is a hazard to anyone opening that door.

A rough draft of a proposal is also attached with reference to turning the Annex Space into the library/education center. The current library's location has not been designated for a new use. The proposal is not official till all voting members come to a consensus on the proposal.

That is all.

Christopher Zapotocky

PS I will not be continuing on the Spacecadets committee any longer as I have recently  received an influx of work that needs attention and will likely continually need attention for the next 11 months. If someone could remove me from the mailing list, that would be great.