[Spacecadets] Fwd: Sublet Proposals

Geoff Nicholson Demonsthenes at meme-complex.com
Fri Feb 5 15:52:06 PST 2016

(This was intended for the group as a whole, and I failed to 'reply-all')

When I was in The Annex, I didn't see any obvious settings for heat or not,
but I was also being slightly dismayed about how much smaller it is in
person...

I wasn't thinking charging for a single sheet of plywood, or a couple of
2x4s, but more for a whole stack  of wood.  I'm not sure if you've seen my
stash of wood upstairs in the hallway between the Poop Deck and the
Fortress of Solitude, but it's more that just a couple of sticks.  And
frankly, I'm ashamed of it, and would charge me for it.   But then it would
stop falling down and getting separated from their singular parking permit.

Perhaps, for shop organization, we could construct something like this, and
let members use a cubby for their off-cuts.
http://woodworking.formeremortals.net/2013/01/make-a-rolling-lumber-cart/
One of these would fit inside one of those 24x48 spaces, and would provide
a place for nine members' lumber.

As for your TARDIS proposal, I'd suggest rather than renting a bench (since
it's a bulky project and wouldn't fit on top of it anyway) that you rent a
24X48 storage space,  and keep the work-in-progress there.  You'd have to
fold it up but it would be out of the way and you wouldn't have to figure
out how to stand up a 85" TARDIS on top of a bench that's already 36" tall