[QUELAB CNC] Status of the shapeoko,

Adric adricm at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 22:37:16 PST 2015

Andres, was showing some of the black friday 'sales'  that inventables has
and was all amped up about perhaps buying the upgrade kit for it,  but the
one he pulled up was to convert from shapeoko 2 to xcarve, we have a
shapeoko1 (right?) not sure of all the differences, but id much rather any
money put into it was for the right things, and in the direction of making
it keeping it operational rather than making it a bigger project.

I'm a firm believer in making things work, and if they get heavy
use/traffic/interest then see about upgrading.

I know there was some talk of using the bosh, or the router from the
blucnc, or a dc spindle. any decisions?  what else? I know most of all we
needed someone with the interest and the bandwidth to keep poking this
along.