[Think] Listing Quelab on Sandia's Recreational Service

McGeehan, Douglas S&T-Student djmvfb at mst.edu
Sat Dec 14 07:35:31 PST 2019

Hi all,

I work at Sandia National Labs, and we have a service called SERP (Sandia
Employee Recreation Program) that lab employees use for their recreational
activities (e.g. sports tickets, spa days/massages, arts & crafts, etc).
One of the main perks of the program is discounted rates for various
activities that are made available (to my limited understanding) through
negotiations between SERP and external organizations.

SERP is one of the services that is mentioned during New Employee
Orientation, with new hires being encouraged to check out their website
once they've settled in. Additionally, new SERP discounts are often
mentioned in the Sandia Daily News emails, and I feel that Sandians will
often check SERP's offerings when they are looking for something new to do.

In an effort to assist Quelab with increasing membership, I'd like to
encourage someone to reach out to SERP to see if you all can get listed on
their website. I'm willing to help as well. Although I understand there's
currently a discounted annual membership for new members being offered,
perhaps negotiations with SERP could be a discounted monthly membership,
and a request for the negotiated discounted rates to be advertised through
Sandia Daily News.

Thanks,
Doug