[Spacecadets] SPACECADETS - Space Allocation Plan proposal

John Benedetto john.benedetto at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 13:51:27 PST 2017

Yes, each member would be entitled to space in that area.
Automatically, for free. However, the door code change email went out
to 89 email addresses and I doubt there is space up there for that
many people to store pieces of lumber or sheet goods. Besides, I would
not want to spend the money building 89 - 100 spaces for people, when
only X number of people need that type of storage (at a guess, 15 to
25?).  That is why I was suggesting building sheet good & lumber
storage against the back (south) wall. More could be added as needed.
 Another set of shelves for totes would be good in that space as well,
or even just tables, with totes underneath & on top.  And as I
originally mentioned, tables for temporary, tagged active project
storage.

If rental of a larger space for storage was approved, collecting
monies would fall under the duties of the rental captain (Sorry,
Darren :-).  Why have two officers doing the same thing?
Historically, there have been a number of members asking about larger
longer term storage, including Alice, Darren, Aaron, maybe others?  As
in my original proposal, temporary storage of a larger item or project
would be negotiable with the Area Captain, much like how Steve Hall
negotiated his large scale project refurbishing his trailer.

If approved, once the area is set up the biggest duty of this area
captain is going to be issuing parking tickets, and hunting down
people to tell them to get their stuff out of the area.

I will work on a rewrite of a proposal, with more detail.  Maybe a
draft job description for the potential Area Captain position as well.

JT