[Spacecadets] Spacecadets "mission"

John Benedetto john.benedetto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 08:50:42 PDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Adric <adricm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well whom do you think should plan the layout,  figure out the materials,
> and or quotes for any rework?  and to get us to the point where it is a
> useful and valulable part of quelab? (instead of just a expensive storage
> unit)

Adric - I don't know who should plan the layout, etc., but the Board has
strictly adhered to protocol in every case I have seen; it needs to follow
that precedent in this case, too.  As Lissa said: "it makes sense that this
committee do that sort of thing. If a directive is needed, that item would
need to be placed on a board agenda and consensed on by the board members."

It *DOES* make sense for the SpaceCadets group to create the things all of
you are suggesting they create, but - in this case - all that falls outside
the purview of the stated reasons why the Board convened the group.

I am one of the members that volunteered to be part of SpaceCadets, so I
share the blame as much as any of the people that volunteered.  As a group
we've never met, we never declared a convener or head or whatever you want
to call the main point-of-contact.  However, I DO think we have fulfilled
the directive we were given: decide on renting the annex or not, versus
other spaces in town.

Darrel has asked for a meeting of the SpaceCadets this Sunday night to
discuss plans for Annex, so it will proceed & hopefully get some
recommendations (As Lissa also said, "My guess is the committee will get to
it anyway without a directive being needed.").

For the SpaceCadets reading along: do we want to publicize the Sunday
meeting  to the Members' list, and welcome anyone to come to it?

JT