[Spacecadets] (no subject)

Paul StPierre atomictow at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 03:31:41 PST 2016

I was a member of the Portcity Makerspace and thay had a 24x48x38 workbench
available for an additional fee. The workbench was supplied by the
Makerspace and it was on wheels so it could be stored in the workbench
storage area. The shops had adiquate room where you could roll your bench
out and work and when you were finished you would roll it back.
It works extremely well and we were always building new benches. By the
time I left our bench storage was full.
They were also starting to build rooms of 8x10 with metal stud/plywood
walls with lockable doors, power, air and light. Two of which were already
taken by members who were also involved in the build. The rooms are an
additional fee to the membership, I think 250/month. There was no agreement
other than if you didn't pay for three months the contents of the room
would become the property of the Makerspace and dealt with accordingly, the
room would then be cleaned out and up for grabs.
There are a couple of maker spaces that have similar offerings, one in
Portland Maine and one in Somerville MA. Portcity got the idea from them.
It's a great cash generator.