[Spacecadets] Mission Control

Aaron Birenboim aaron at birenboim.com
Mon Aug 1 06:23:00 PDT 2016

On 07/30/2016 03:40 PM, Adric wrote:
> [on the list of cons]
>
> that room fluctuates in heat more than a room off of the core.
I have not noted that.  It seems to run quite well off of the office
thermostat.
In fact, I have observed quite the opposite.
Temperature fluctuations in 3D printing and Mission control are terrible.
Note the space heaters.

Note also, that when we had people co-working, they generally preferred
1 to mission control for that reason.

>  its only fed by the heater that heats/cools/the small
> office/weir/flyns/and room1,  so the more its used the more we need to
> heat all that space,
that is true.

> It reduces the areas where a group of 8 or so people can fairly
> comfortably meet when there are classes or games.

We could consider moving 3D printing to Fiber Arts , Arcade, or One.
We may want to PLAN such a move, but not do it until membership
would support heating/cooling more space on a regular basis.