[MachineShop] Cross feed nut, Southbend 13

S Ford sford.soar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 19:56:25 PDT 2024

Gentlemen,

I managed to obtain a new cross feed nut made from the proper brass alloy from a guy in the upper Midwest who is making replacement cross feed and compound feed nuts for the old southbend lathes.

We can change it out for the existing and bring the cross feed backlash back into the 0.020 or less range. Are you guys good with me making the change?

I’ll also be making a new bottom clamp plate for the carriage stop so that we all can make use of it. I’ll use mild steel and it will have the more traditional shape that is used on the old factory SB carriage stops.

‘Look forward to your replies and to meeting you.

Steve Ford

Sent from my iPhone