[MachineShop] Notice to members about tooling in the Machine Shop.

Denis Muradov denis.muradov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 15:22:25 PST 2019

For those that have not heard about it, I have implemented a new policy for
the machine shop. You are no longer allowed to cut steel (all types; soft,
hard, stainless, etc) using Quelab tooling available in the machine shop.
This includes the *band saw*, the *end mill bits* and *drill bits*.

The reason for having to implement this policy is that we have had a number
of bits become damaged through use in the past few months and since I would
like to keep the shop running and offer training I’m forbidding the cutting
of hard materials for now. If you want to cut steel, you will need to bring
in your own tooling. All of the tools that we have were donated to us by
other members and we cannot afford to replace them. I’m of course open if
anyone wants to donate tooling (saw blades, mill bits, drill bits and etc)
specifically for steel cutting. This way if and when these tools get worn
out or damaged we can still keep the shop running.

If you have any comments or questions email me. I have put up a list of
approved materials up in the shop that one can cut with Quelab supplied
tooling.

Thank you for your understanding