[MachineShop] News

Denis Muradov denis.muradov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 15:13:23 PDT 2018

As relayed to me, Erics family wants his equipment to stay at quelab. At
some point there was talk that it all might be removed but now we know.

Looking at the tools I have noticed that one of the borring bars is broken.
The end sheared off at the screw hole. I do not know when this happened
since there is no tag. Here's how I see it. Given that multiple people use
these tools just because it breaks in your hand does not mean it is
necessarily your fault - tools acumilate fatigue stress. So if a tool
breaks, notify or at the minimum tag it.

Also, I looked in the silver box that has four slots for borring bars and I
only see two bars in there. Did we only have two in that box?

Thanks