[MachineShop] Jet bandsaw and grinder

Denis Muradov denis.muradov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:34:16 PDT 2018

I have run an extension cord for the Jet 14" bandsaw. Normally when one
would turn on the motor the lights over the table would dim. I believe this
is do to the method of power delivery: three power strips daisy chained
together in a line. I have tested starting the motor with the cord and the
flicker in the lights is much weaker now. From now on please use the
extension cord rather than the power strip. I will leave the power strips
for the lights and grinder.

Someone used the grinder right wheel to grind off some aluminum. Never use
the grinder for soft metals. The metal will accumulate within the stone
where eventually it will split. Given the rotationinal force of the the
stone it will probably fly in to your face and if you're lucky kill you.

Did someone forget a small subwoofer and speakers on the shop table? I do
not see a tag. I have moved it to the center table.