[MachineShop] Regular hours on Sunday

Denis Muradov denis.muradov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 19:35:54 PST 2018

I have been braining storming how to get more traffic through the machine
shop.

First thing, I'm thinking of bringing back the regular hours for the
machine shop. Most are familiar with Eric coming in at 7pm on every Sunday
(and Tuesday, but that's another thing). I figure I'll start there. I do
not know what people prefer of course. If there are suggestions I am all
for it. I have a regular job so I can't do 9-5.

Otherwise I also heard that some people who are further away might be
interested in coming in but want a guarantee that they will be able to use
the machine once they get here. It seems reasonable to me that some would
have the ability to "reserve" machines, much like with the laser cutter.
The exception here is that of course it would include a second person. If
someone reserves a machine for 2pm, they would have to bring in their own
safety. We could also have it that all machine use requires a reservation
notice. Meaning if I got on the machine now I would email the group that
I'm using machine x until y. I'm fine with either method right now since
the machines do not get a lot of use.

What do you guys think? Any objections or suggestions?

Thanks