[QUELAB CNC] Shapeoko Status

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Mon May 9 11:08:39 PDT 2016

The Shapeoko ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H X-Carve has been moved into MASTS, and is on the table Gonner built for the Shop PC.  It is right inside the shop near the light switches.

As far as I know, Morgan accomplished the initial task he volunteered to do, and retrofitted the Shapeoko into an X-Carve machine, with the improved Z-axis as well as installation of the Bosch Colt router mount.

HOWEVER, as we are all prone to feature creep, he then intended to build a dedicated interface box for the thing, out of the little white touch screen PC thing that he & Bandit brought into the space lo many many months ago.  AFAIK the X-Carve itself is complete.  To use it, all you would need is a machine with the Arduino IDE installed, and your favorite software, either the G-Code sender, or Easel, or the web-based MakerCam, or what have you, to send files to it.  Oh, and cutters, we definitely need end mills and what have you.

Does anyone have a problem with relocating the CNCs (once they are all found & at Quelab again) to the office in the Annex?  Even if only temporarily? Just to have a dedicated private space for us to get the bugs worked out and get them damn things going?

JT