[QUELAB CNC] trying again now that wiki account is active

John Benedetto john.benedetto at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 13:57:54 PST 2016

David,

Currently none of our CNC machines our working, though the
Shapeoko2/X-Carve (we upgraded it) is almost there.

At this point, we don't yet have any training materials ready, either, so
you can learn along with us, and maybe contribute to the finished product.

You can google 'intro to cnc' for some good links explaining the process,
and you might want to peruse YouTube for videos on the Shapeoko2 or X-Carve
as well.

Inventables recommends their EASEL web application, but ask 10 people doing
CNC work & you'll get 10 different answers.  I'd like to see us start with
EASEL & document, and diverge into other packages after that.  I am
interested in cheap/free ones, so http://makercam.com for the CAM part,
F-Engrave looks interesting, too.  I'd like it if we had money to buy some
Vectric stuff, but that's pricey software!

JT