[QUELAB CNC] CNC Info

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Tue Jan 12 09:27:39 PST 2016

Derrick,

At this point, we need to CREATE the orientation!

The software Inventables recommends (of course) is their web application Easel.  However, similar to 3D printers, there is a whole BUNCH of stuff out there! It just depends on what you want to do, and what the capabilities are of the apps.  For example, Easel is aimed at the complete beginner & has more of a wizard-driven, hand-holding effect.

Here are some of the things to check out:
Makercam.com (web based, free CAM software)
F-Engrave (free software)
Vectric software (for cost, but they have free demos)

http://www.vectric.com/support/introduction-to-cnc.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=vectric+intro+to+cnc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=intro+to+cnc

Just some googling, too.

You can also search YouTube for Shapeoko2 or X-Carve, there are lots of videos on using the machines.

As you find things out, you can help contribute to the creation of our documentation.

JT