[QUELAB CNC] Tighten CNC Coordination at Today's 6 Dec meeting?

John Benedetto john.benedetto at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:47:45 PST 2015

I'm not able to make tonight's meeting, John.

And, actually, this CNC mailing list was created so we could have
discussion & coordination.

A plan of attack has already been formed - Andres purchased the X-Carve
upgrade along with a Bosch Colt Router mount that fits the upgrade.  We can
make do with a quick and dirty mount to put the colt on the current Z axis,
or wait until the upgrade is here & not use the machine until then.

I want to be a part of the upgrade.  We had too many hands involved before,
and the project languished because of it.  We need someone to take pictures
(a time lapse would be good), and I will make a blog post about it.

We 'won' the Shapeoko2 from Inventables, and actually have an obligation to
the original agreement, if there is any interest in fulfilling it.  Part is
that we need to make the machine available to the public one day a week for
a year (I think those were the terms)

I see three approaches -
1 - make the machine run - upgrade it to an X-Carve, install the Colt
router once the mount comes in
2 - utilize & document  Inventables' suggested CAM solution Easel
3 - investigate other methods of CAM, such as MakerCam or the Vectric
software.  It sounds like some of the work people have asked about cannot
be done in Easel
(2 & 3 can be simultaneous & pulled off by different people or groups - )

JT